Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy Housewife

After I wrote my last blog post, I immediately felt as though I was complaining about the life I chose, and did not appreciate all of the wonderful things that come with that life. That really isn't so! It just so happened that the week prior to that, I'd engaged in three separate discussions, with three different stay at home moms, who all felt the same way about that overwhelming feeling of never feeling like the housework is done. Add to that how easy it is to start resenting your partner for the opportunity they get to leave the house on a daily basis, and to come home to relax, while our workload continues to pile up! We shared our feelings of frustration over this. On one account, it lead us into a further discussion about what she'd like to read about it my blog. She suggested she likes reading about what she refers to as "real life housewife horrors!" She said it makes her feel better to read about the everyday, real life challenges, that we all face, as women, as mothers, whether we work outside the home or at home, knowing that others feel the same way! Misery really does love company! And so, after piecing together my thoughts, and recounting the discussions I had about what really can be the "everyday real life horrors" that all housewives can relate to, I wrote that post. And now I feel compelled to write about the flip side!

I am very thankful that Joe works so hard to allow me the luxury of staying home to be here for our boys. Not only does he simply allow me, he encouraged me to do it and supports me in my role as stay at home mom. He fully understands the importance of having me be at home for the sake of both children. I'm not sure if it's him not having to ever clean up, do his own laundry, clean a toilet, wonder how or who will get Harrison to his hockey practice or worry about who is at home with the children and what they are being taught! It's not considered child labor to have your 2 year old "learn" how to do laundry and unload the dishwasher is it!? I am thankful for the health of both of my beautiful boys. Add to that list, the health of the rest of my family and my own health and happiness. Although, some days I worry about the state of my mental health! I am grateful for such happy, well adjusted, energetic and willing to learn something new everyday offspring of mine! They light up my life and fill my days with joy! I am blessed to have found Joe and to be raising these bundles of endless energy with him, and to walk through life with him by my side, as my partner in this chaos!!! My life is full of blessings and reasons to give thanks. And while some days it's easy to get caught up in the chaos of it all and forget how lucky I am....I am ever mindful of the struggles of so many others, who suffer many more grievances than I do, and have much bigger burdens to carry. And so, when I look around at the chaos at my feet, it is a reminder of all of life's blessings piled up around me, and I should be so lucky to be the one to sort through it and make sense of it all! And like I've said before....it may be chaos at times, but it's our own brand of homemade chaos, and for that, I am truly thankful and one happy housewife!

No comments:

Post a Comment